What is the drug situation in Wyoming?
Like most of the Northwest, the state of Wyoming is facing issues with opiates (both prescription and heroin) that have quickly taken over the Cowboy state. Marijuana is the most commonly cited drug among primary drug treatment admissions in the state, followed by stimulants (including methamphetamine) and other opiates (including prescription drugs). Hydrocodone continues to be the most abused prescription controlled substance in the state.
Quick Facts on Substance Abuse in Wyoming
- Between the years 2004-2005 five people in Wyoming died due to accidental overdoses of prescription medication. From 2006-2007 that number increased to 28 people, in 2008-2009 that number increased to 45 people and in 2012-2013 the number increased to 116 people in Wyoming died due to accidental overdoses of prescription medication.
- DCI’s heroin investigations for 2013 were 12% of their drug enforcement caseload. It is believed that 100% of DCI’s heroin cases are the direct result of individuals having previously abused, diverted, and selling prescription controlled substances.
- According to Wyoming’s vital statistics, the average age of those who died from a prescription overdose was 43 years old.
- In Wyoming, about 4000 adolescents per year reported using illicit drugs within a month prior to being surveyed and 13,000 reported binge alcohol use within the month prior to being surveyed.
- Wyoming has the 15th highest drug overdose mortality rate in the United States, with 15 per 100,000 people suffering drug overdose fatalities, according to a new report, Prescription Drug Abuse: Strategies to Stop the Epidemic.
- According to the report by the Trust for America’s Health (TFAH), prescription drug abuse has quickly become a top public health concern, as prescription drug related deaths now outnumber those from heroin and cocaine combined, and drug overdose deaths exceed motor vehicle-related deaths in 29 states and Washington, D.C.
- Wyoming Scored Four out of 10 on New Policy Report Card of Promising Strategies to Help Curb Prescription Drug Abuse
Find Drug Treatment in Wyoming
If you or a loved one are suffering from substance abuse addiction in Wyoming, whether your drug of choice is heroin, cannabis, cocaine, prescription painkillers or alcohol, now is the time for you to think about admission to a drug treatment program.
The compassionate addiction specialists at recoveryas.com will help you find the treatment program that will lead you or your loved one back to a life of sobriety. Take the first step toward a fulfilling life by calling us toll free today at 1 (877) 968-6283.
If your insurance coverage is with one of the following companies, recoveryas.com will assist you in finding the help you need. We can work with any PPO coverage and also offer affordable self-pay and financing options for addiction treatment.
Recoveryas.com will never charge you a fee for our placement services, so call 1 (877) 968-6283 now to speak with one of our caring addiction specialists about treatment options in Wyoming or wherever you prefer to be.